Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Veterans' Day

When I think of Veterans' Day, I usually think about the book, The Red Badge of Courage, by Stephen Crane. I read that he hadn't had any experience with war when he wrote that book. I am amazed, it seemed so real. What a classic!

CHAPTER XVIII
"I presume so," remarked the general. Then he began to talk rapidly and in a lower tone. He frequently illustrated his words with a pointing finger. The two infantrymen could hear nothing until finally he asked: "What troops can you spare?"
This is probably a question asked in every war, all sides. I may not agree with our current war(s), but I do wish safety to our troops and hope they will come home, soon. I thank all veterans for the courage they've had to have to fulfill the duties and orders asked of them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?