Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Book Meme - I don't always follow the guidelines.

From Eli at Multi Medium : It's all about Meme.

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the book and the author.
5. Tag three people.

Five books sitting next to me. I grabbed the top one. Here goes.

"I suppose it's almost time we were leaving. I must start washing this paint off. What a bore! I'll get the lipstick off your face afterwards."

It's from 1984, by George Orwell. I've read it several times. I think I took it from the bookcase, several days ago, to look up a phrase, or something.

If I hadn't left the book, I'm currently re-reading, sitting on the arm of my chair, we would have had these fun sentences:

"I took him round and showed him to some of the other victims of the protection racket," Thompkins went on, "and told them that if they'd get dogs, too, we'd chase off the taxi drivers. Some of them didn't realize the taxis were mixed up in it. They were too scared to open their eyes."

It's from Dead Cert, by Dick Francis. I love his writing!

I'm tagging
TFLS at The Fat Lady Sings,
SBGypsy at The Gypsy's Caravan, and
Robin Andrea at Dharma Bums. I know some don't like to engage in memes, but I figure this one is easy... we've all probably posted it in the past, at least once:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?