Sunday, January 14, 2007

 

Sheets of Ice.

This morning, I was supposed to go into work. Once I finally made it out the door (there was a buildup of frozen stuff blocking it from being opened) I found that the deck was covered in ice, and so was my car. I did NOT want to go to work so I called a boss and told him that I couldn't get into my car and I was NOT going to drive on this stuff. He said he would come and pick me up. He called me from the top of a hill and told me that he would meet me, walking, on the way down. I already had my hiking boots on, so I threw on my coat and headed out. I made it several yards, slipping and sliding, when I decided to go back and get something to sink into the ice, so I could stay upright. The boss was already part-way down and called to me. He said, "here, take my hand," and he helped me walk up the hill. Luckily, the streets were much better than my lane, and I was only 17 minutes late. It was dry for part of the day, but once afternoon came around, the rain started coming down. The walk down the hill was much easier, but walking on this stuff is going to be a tricky experience, tomorrow. It's still raining, and freezing temperatures are forecast for the night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?