Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Work subjects.

To pass the time while working, we sometimes talk. The other night, we had an interesting debate on ex-boyfriends and if it's allowable for one of our girlfriends to date our ex-boyfriend, especially if we already have a new boyfriend.

A couple of the girls (younger than 35) felt that if they and their boyfriend broke up, and they were dating someone else, they still wouldn't want any of their girlfriends to date the ex-boyfriend. I and another lady (older than 35) felt it was okay if someone wanted to date the ol' ex-boyfriend. The two that thought it was just plain wrong, and that if their girlfriend did date the ex-boyfriend, the girlfriend would no longer be their friend, said, "no, it's just not done." Well, why the hell not? If he's a decent guy (and I don't recall any of mine being scuzballs, not that I've had that many, mind you) and the girlfriend is a decent woman, then go for it. Life's too short and there aren't that many available (non-scuzballs and unmarried guys) running around loose in the wilds, waiting to be caught.

If one of my friends wanted to date one of my ex-boyfriends, more power to them. The ex-boyfriend isn't my possession, and if my girlfriend and ex-boyfriend want to be a couple, at least they have a chance at happiness. Just because it didn't work out with me doesn't mean it couldn't work out with them. Now, if I'm still dating the guy and he and my girlfriend decide they want to date, too, I do draw the line at that!

Any thoughts on the matter would be read:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?