Saturday, April 26, 2008

 

Friday Bat Blogging

One evening, this past week, I saw the little creature hanging on the wall. I think it's a "Little Brown Bat".
There is a night light that comes on in the early evening. Bugs and moths flit around the light, all night. The bat just stayed hanging on the wall, the whole evening, as far as I know. I thought we might get to see it chasing down bugs and eating supper. That did not happen during the hours I was there. I took several photos of the little bat.

The comments from the people who knew about the bat varied. Someone mentioned a call being made to remove it. We wondered if the earthquake a couple days ago, in another state, might have disoriented it.

Someone said it was sick. Someone said it probably had rabies. Someone said it looked like there was blood on its wing. My picture didn't show any blood. I said that if that was the case, it might have been hit by a car.

I figured none of us knew much about bats. How could we tell if it was sick, or if it had rabies? I worried that someone might harm it. I worried when it rained that night. The next evening, I hoped not to find a dead bat.I looked, but didn't see it right off. Then, I noticed it on the lower wall. It was much harder to see. I hoped it was alright. I moved closer and took a couple photos, using the flash.

Off the wall it came, stumbling through the bushes. Up, into the air it flew, and out of the area. I breathed a sigh of relief. At least it could fly.

Happy Friday! As always, check out the wonderful animal pictures linked for Friday Ark at The Modulator.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?