Friday, June 11, 2010

 

Friday Cat Blogging - Black and brown cats.

I finally remembered I needed to Friday Cat Blog. Here are two black cats. I think the big one is part mountain lion.

Happy Friday! As always, check out the wonderful animal pictures linked for Friday Ark at The Modulator.

Memorial weekend, I decided to do some cleaning. I found a notice from the Department of Motor Vehicles that I needed to renew the plates on the car I bought in 2008. I was supposed to have renewed the plates in Jan...I ran outside and checked the plates. Sure enough, they were expired. This is the same car I loaned the niece. We were both very lucky to not get stopped!

During the winter, the gas poured out at the bottom of my bike's tank, so I knew it needed some repairs before being ridden this year. The neighbor told me that I should have been turning the gas nob to the off mode when not in use. He replaced the gasket on the tank, then I took the bike to the shop for a bunch of other repairs/tuneup - I also asked the shop to watch for the leak.

(When I took it to be inspected, a couple days earlier, I noticed a couple drops fell to the ground. I had forgotten to turn the nob while waiting in line to tell them I needed it inspected.)

So, this shop said they watched for a leak, but didn't see any. Yesterday, I paid the shop, went out to the bike, turned the gas nob, jumped on and took off. I made it about half a mile when the engine light came on and the bike motor stopped. I pulled to the side of the road, wondering, "what the hell???" I looked down at the gas nob and realized I had turned it off (back at the shop!). I turned it back on and rode the bike home. YAY!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?