Tuesday, November 16, 2021

 

Cat troubles

The neighbor cat, Little Man, chased Ted up the tree. I carried LM home and dropped him over their fence. By the time I got home, Ted was on the ground! Whew! That's not the extent of my cat problems. A couple weeks ago, Midnight started sneezing and had congested breathing. I noticed she also had watery eyes. The other four inside cats also started sneezing. The Sunday before last, Midnight came into the living room and sat in front of me. She sneezed multiple times, and just looked so miserable, that I called the vet on Monday. They set an appointment that afternoon. I managed to catch Midnight and take her in. Doc said she had a virus and sent four bottles of the dry medicine, so I could add water and dose all the cats with one bottle, then move on to the second, etc. Seven days of dosing five cats, twice a day, really sucks, but really helped them. They are kind of jumpy, though. They are ready to run if they think I have medicine for them. HA!

Comments:
I'm glad that Ted came down after being chased up that tree. Bummer about the cats catching a virus, though. I wonder what that's about. Hope all goes well there.
 
Thank you, Robin Andrea. I think DanDLion caught the virus from running around, chasing cats and other creatures, then passed it on to Midnight through the screen door. Seven days of dosing cats twice a day was quite the experience! I’m glad it’s over! Now that Ted comes back inside, when it’s cold or he feels he’s being picked on, I need to dose all seven cats with the flea medicine. Grey Feather is not a fan!🤣
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?