Friday, February 20, 2009

 

Friday Cat Blogging - Three kitties

It's already Cat Blogging time, again. Of course, with this blog, anytime is cat blogging time! As you can see by the picture, Sgt Mango has really lost weight. He seems to be feeling fine, but he sure talks when he wants to eat. He hasn't been completely weaned off the treats. Since they are his favorites, I guess we'll see what the doc says about his test results, the next time he's drawn.

His special food is a big draw to the other cats. They would loooove to try some of that food. I have to keep pushing them away from his food bowl, and of course, he's so skittish, he moves away from it, too.

Last Saturday, I decided to start giving him the liver pills. I poked one in his mouth, thought he swallowed it, gave him his shot (maybe) pulled back the needle and it was bent. Instead of bending it back, I stuck it in the cap and it poked through, blam, right into my finger. Ouch! Fortunately, the doc's office said I didn't have to worry, because the needle is so small. So, I set his food down and noticed a white pill on the floor! That little brat spit it out! I tried to pick him up and he ran under one of the plant tables. We played peek-a-boo for a while, until he finally ran toward the hall. Grey Feather was sitting at the beginning, and took a swipe at him. He ran back toward me, and under the coffee table, from there, to the kitchen and under the kitchen table. Finally, he ran back to the hallway, and to the bedroom. I was worried he would run under the bed, but he was nice enough to jump on the bed. I grabbed him, he grabbed the covers. I managed to release all his claws from the covers and carry him back to the living room. Stuck the pill back down his throat and I'm pretty sure he swallowed it that time.

Sunday, I didn't let him go until he spit the pill out. That way, I didn't have to chase him down. I think I'm getting the hang of giving him the pill, each morning. I hope.

Rocky Girl enjoys getting her picture taken. Grey Feather still loves her cat motel.

Happy Friday! As always, check out the wonderful animal pictures linked for Friday Ark at The Modulator.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?