Friday, February 26, 2010

 

Friday Cat Blogging - White Kitty with string.

My kitties like to play strings, but they don't play the same way as this kitty. I took pictures so I could show them this new way. They scoffed, and stalked away.
This is the reason I have to post pictures of other kitties.

Happy Friday! As always, check out the wonderful animal pictures linked for Friday Ark at The Modulator.

So, Thursday morning, 10 degrees F, I went outside and started the car to defrost. So no one would steal the car, I locked it. I went back inside to finish getting ready for work. I figured enough time had passed, so I grabbed my backpack, my cup of coffee, and walked out the door. I always turn the lock as I depart. I pulled the door shut...and realized, I had not brought the other set of car keys...and the door keys were still inside. The set of keys, in the car, was the set that did not have a door key.

Luckily, I had my cell phone. I called a locksmith. He told me what he would be driving, and I told him I would be the freezing woman standing outside. As I waited, looking down the lane, I noticed my neighbor standing out by his car, looking down the lane. When he turned my way, I waved and asked, "are you having the same trouble as I?"

I walked over, and we chatted for a bit. We exchanged names, and he told me that he wasn't responsible for his keys being locked in the car. He said that he and his wife had recently bought the car, and only had one key. She had locked the key in the car, after starting it to defrost. Luckily, she was able to get a ride to work, and he was waiting for the locksmith. Soon, his locksmith arrived.

I walked back to my car, and about 10 seconds later, my locksmith came driving down the lane. My locksmith told me it would be much easier to unlock the car. I explained that I had keys, inside, to unlock the car, but I needed to get inside to get them. It was interesting watching him try to unlock the trailer door. Apparently, there are many easy ways to get inside, without resorting to the lockpicks. They didn't work with my door. For that, at least, I was happy.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?